Monday, July 18, 2011

Invitations!

Again, our invitations were one of the few aspects of the wedding that didn't require complete DIY on my part.  However, this is only thanks to the fabulous Natalie Vereen-Davis!  


The original plan was to make the invitations myself and to utilize Archiver's (this fabulous specialized paper, stationary and scrapbook store in Raleigh); however, after assessing the project I realized I needed to seek the help of a professional.  Natalie is amazing.  She is a friend of ours, but also designs and creates invitations and other super-cute stationary products.  You can check her out over at her Etsy's shop.


I knew that Natalie would have let me pick her brain for all the tips and tricks of the trade, but I also knew that my knockoff version would never live up to a Vereen-Davis original.


Natalie and I exchanged a number of emails, and I sent her a few inspirational invitation examples. The result was our beautiful-super stylish-very us invitations.  I am obsessed with our invites and can't thank Natalie enough!  I did torture her with font selection and actually ended up falling in love with her first choice, but Natalie was super patient with me throughout the entire "creative" process.


The only DIY required was the green belly bands.  All I had to do was add a small dot of glue and attach our monogrammed medallions. Not bad at all - considering all the work it could have been, had I tackled this project on my own.


Of course we had to stuff, label and stamp our envelopes too. I used Avery Labels and the included software to design ours. It is easy to play around with the font and boarders to make the mailing labels unique.

I am definitely a DIY fan, but this is one project that was totally worth outsourcing.


If you're in the market for invitations for any event or looking for personalized stationary,contact Natalie over at her Etsy site, Crescent Moon Papers!
Kelly Anne

No comments: