Friday, August 26, 2011

The Cutest Teacher Stool in Rocky Mount

I (unfortunately) can't take credit for this fabulous do-it-yourself. Meredith, another former TFA-EJ all star, posted a picture of the cutest-personalized stool she made for her classroom, and of course I had to have one of my own.


This project idea came along at the perfect time as I am starting a new job, at a new school, with a new last name! I used our fabulous wedding colors (blue and green) too!


 I started with a plain stool and a few cans of navy spray paint. All found at Wal-Mart.

My super spray painting skills.

 Using a set of Martha Stewart stencils and round sponges (found at Michael's), 
I added my name in white craft paint.

 Using the same round sponges and a can of sample-lime green paint, I added tons of polka-dots. I had Lowes mix a sample of the perfect green. Samples are less than $5.

The final product! I must say that, although clearly bias, I believe I have the cutest furniture of any classroom in Nash-Rocky Mount!

Kelly Anne

1 comment:

Mrs. Bagley said...

Love it! Just made in- how did you get the circles so nice? I used the same sponges that you recommended and mine are very spotty. TY!