Friday, November 11, 2011

Granny's Pumpkin Cake

In an effort to be festive, I decided to attempt my Granny's pumpkin cake recipe. My Granny only ever cooked/baked from scratch, and I followed her recipe for the cake and icing to a tee. It turned out great and was absolutely delicious (if I say so myself)!  I still need some practice on my icing skills, but never judge a book by it's cover or a cake by it's icing.
 Ingredients for cake (flour and sugar not pictured)

 Eggs in one at a time
 Everything ends up in the mixer
 Pour into two 9 inch cake pans
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes

Icing Ingredients 
 Melted Butter and Room Temp Cream Cheese
 Mix in Confectionary Sugar, a whole box!

 Completely cool cakes (wire racks work the best)
 Icing works best if refrigerated first

 I decided to not trim the cakes & they ended up fitting together just fine & fairly even
The beer is the foreground is a must, as icing a cake is not my forte

Ta-Da! Homemade - From Scratch Pumpkin Cake!
(practice will make perfect on icing skills, so I guess I'll just have to make another cake) 

Kelly Anne 

No comments: