Saturday, December 24, 2011

White Christmas Sangria & Cheddar Sausage Balls

In addition to the tons of sweets at the cookie swap, I also served a Sun-dried Tomato Cheese Spread (for details, check here for a Feb. 2011 post) , Cheddar Sausage Balls and White Christmas Sangria. 


The sangria was a hit, and I only wish I had made more!  Recipe Link.
White Wine. Apples. Pears. Grapefruit. Tangerines. Fruit Juice of Choice. 
Sparkling White Wine before serving.
 It turned out to be more "blush" in color than white. I used Cran-Apple juice which added the hint of color; I could not find white cranberry juice, and I'm unsure if it even exists, even though many recipes called for it to be used. 
The drink spread: White Christmas Sangria, White & Red Wine, 
A Sam Adams Holiday Sampler and Sodas.
........................................................................................................................................................................


Cheddar Sausage Balls
I have to admit, I felt a bit guilty at how easy this recipe was to prepare.  I had never made sausage balls before, and I just assumed there was more to the recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised at my mistaken assumption.


The basic recipe:
- 2 cups Bisquick Mix
- 10 oz. Cheese of Choice 
(I used cheddar, but I've heard using a mexican blend turns out great!)
- 1lb. Sausage of Choice
- Mix all ingredients together, shape into balls, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. That's it!


 I used mild sausage since I was having guests, but I bet the spicy with the mexi cheese would be awesome!
All kids (ingredients) in the pool
You've got to get your hands dirty on this one.
Before.
After.
I added a touch of finely chopped onion to my recipe; I believe you could dress up this recipe with any extras you find fun and tasty.  I'm thinking peppers and garlic too!

Again, if you're feeling stressed to come up with a Christmas Eve treat at the last minute tonight, this recipe would be perfect!

Merry Christmas Eve Cooking & Baking!

Kelly Anne 

No comments: