Monday, December 13, 2010

Cookie Swap!

This year I decided that I wanted to host some sort-of Christmas gathering at our house, and ended up planning a Cookie-Swap party.  The premise behind a cookie swap is this: each person bakes roughly 5 dozen cookies and brings them to the party to exchange with the other guests.  Everyone ends up going home with variety of yummy sweets and treats.  Of course there is a fair amount of taste-testing as well.  This weekend I hosted my first annual cookie swap party!

Aside from baking two different types of cookies - which I’ll get to later - I also whipped up an awesome Red Zinger Wine Punch (recipe courtesy of Southern Living), a cheese ball (recipe courtesy of my Granny’s cookbook), and some mean meatballs (recipe courtesy of my neighbor, Donna).  A few friends braved the bone chilling-rainy day and came over with handfuls of cookies to share!

We had Oreo Truffles, Lemon Angle Wings, Empire Biscuits, Chocolate Snowballs, Almond Christmas Trees and Carmel Filled Chocolate Cookies!  Can you believe no one made any classic chocolate chip, peanut butter or sugar cookies?!  We had a great time filled with sweets, drinks and new recipes too!  We had an awesome time and I hope to make it a KA tradition.  
Raspberry-Red Zinger Wine Punch = Yummy!
 I never know what to do with my hands, but I'm ready to swap!
  Recipe Cards I made for all my guest.
Kelly Anne

1 comment:

Natalie said...

YUM! Too bad I can't mail in a contribution. :) I bet you had so much fun (and ate LOTS of delicious cookies)!